The Working and Connecting Communities project was officially launched last week. This has been funded through the UK Community Renewal Fund (CRF) to support communities across Lincoln to recover following the Covid-19 pandemic. Working and Connecting Communities is made up of eight charities, Abbey Access Training, developmentplus, Green Synergy, Lincoln City Foundation, LEAP Housing, YMCA Lincolnshire, The Bridge Church and The Network.
Here at developmentplus we are using our funding to extend the very successful STEPS project. This is an intensive coaching and mentoring programme that supports individuals furthest from the employment market to address the many barriers preventing them from moving forward before supporting them to access employment, training or education opportunities. STEPS will give people an opportunity to explore possibilities, make informed choices and set a realistic action plan, working at a pace to suit them.
STEPS – a unique journey
- Helping individuals overcome personal barriers and into work or training.
- Barriers can be anything such as mental health issues, addiction, housing problems or practical help with cv guidance and interview preparation.
- Mentoring and coaching 1:1 support tailored to suit the individual’s
- Available for self-referrals or partner referrals, working in collaboration with the CRF partners
Ready to take the right STEPS
To refer to developmentplus.org.uk you can
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone Alex Chambers on 07468126037
- email Alex on email@example.com